Good recipe with our meads: Le Chevalier, Fraîcheur d’été and Cuvée de Melocheville.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 skewers
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) grappe seed oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sherry vinegar
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) liquid honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) raw sugar or brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2,5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Espelette pepper
- 1 chicken breast, about 300 g (10 oz) boned, skinless, cut into 36 cubes of 2 cm (3/4 in.)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 24 cubes of 2cm (3/4 in.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sesame seeds, toasted
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
- Soak the mini wooden skewers for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- In a glass or plastic container, coat the chicken cubes with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler, positioning the grill at the highest level.
- Onto each mini skewer, slide 3 chicken cubes and 2 bell pepper cubes, alternately.
- Place the skewers on a baking sheet and brush with the marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn over once halfway through the cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, boil the marinade for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make a sauce.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and brush with sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- Serve with the sauce.