Good recipe with our meads: Le Chevalier, Fraîcheur d’été and Cuvée de Melocheville.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour
Servings : 15 pieces
- 500 ml (2 cups) whole milk
- 50g (1 3/4 oz.) butter
- 2ml (1/2 tsp.) pure vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g (8 oz.) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g (3 1/2 oz.) flour
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) dark rum
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, butter and vanilla over medium heat.
- As soon as it starts to boil, turn of the heat and leave as is.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- Add the sugar and salt while whisking, without making it too foamy.
- With a rubber spatula, gradually add the flour, stirring gently.
- Slowly stir in the hot milk.
- Finish with the rum. The mixture should be smooth with the consistency of crepe batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Preheat to 260°C (500°F).
- Pour the dough into cannelé silicone moulds (found in specialty stores) until 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove gently from the moulds.
*(in this recipe, you can replace the 40 ml of dark rum for 60 ml of our product Cuvée Prestige)