This recipe comes along well with our following meads: Le Chevalier, Fraîcheur d’été et Cuvée de Melocheville.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking: 8 minutes
- 250 ml (1 cup) of crushed almonds
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of liquid honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of olive oil
- 4 large pita
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of fresh thyme
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) of Italian cheese, coarsely grated
- To taste, freshly ground black peppern
- In a frying pan preheated on a medium high, heat the almonds for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the honey and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Brush the pitas with the olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with thyme and then spread the almond mixture on top.
- Garnish with cheese and then season with the pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until the pitas are crispy.
- Cut into pieces and serve.